Thursday, September 10, 2009

Literacy Problem in Alabama

Not in my wild imagine will I thought that there is a literacy problem in Alabama. I always thought that USA, whatever state it is, is always ahead. In Bohol, Philippines where I came from, the literacy rate is 93%. That is high considering that Bohol is way far away from the Capital of Philippines.

Anyway, In Tuscaloosa County, 23 percent of the population is illiterate, and the numbers only get higher for surrounding counties, according to the Literacy Council’s Web site.

The Literacy Council of West Alabama is going to address the problem and educate the community to learn more about the literacy problem in the area and ways to combat it.

I still could not believe why there is a literacy problem in Alabama. I hope they can improve it.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails