Saturday, September 26, 2009

Rain... Flood...

I had my share of flood experiences when I lived in Manila for 7 years. I lived in Paranaque where floods are very common occurrence when it rains. We live in a two story house, when it floods we will take our things upstairs and wait until the water subsides. Sometimes it will take more than 6 hours that our place will be underwater... sometimes less.

Actually, when the water subsides, it is fun since we and our neighbors will be doing the cleaning up. I know it was such a tedious job to do the clean up because the flood water is really smelly. We have to wash our floors and wall with chlorine and soap and then dry it off with mops and let the electric fan dry it more. What makes it fun is everybody is doing it!

I had experienced being trapped in school and office due to flood. I had experienced walking home with floods knee high .. that's why when we finally decided to stay in Bohol I was happy because I will be free from the problems of flooding....

Anyway, Manila experienced the worst flooding in the last four decades. Typhoon Ondoy left more than 70 people killed or missing. The government declared a "state of calamity" in metropolitan Manila and 25 storm-hit provinces. There was 16.7 inches (42.4 centimeters) of rain that swamped metropolitan Manila in just 12 hours on Saturday. Geezzz I can't imagine the traffic, the garbage floating around and the number of houses that is submerged in water....

4 comments:

Chris said...

its heartbreaking, until now, there are still many houses under water

Laikka said...

...the found dead still increasing!
oh! so synd!

Chubskulit Rose said...

people in manila should really start taking care of the environment esp right dumping of garbages..
Nostalgic Marveling
Etcetera Etcetera
Spice up your LIFE!
Obstacles & Glories

☆Mama Ko☆ said...

Ako sd sus baha mo lng sa cebu dako sd nya imagine sa hugaw ky squatters pa jd amo puy an.

Related Posts with Thumbnails