Thursday, October 28, 2010

Being Tan

In the Philippines, when your skin is white you are considered beautiful. When you are tan, you will forever be regarded as very ordinary and you will always be teased by peers because of your color. That is why, in the Philippines there are numerous product that is specifically formulated to whiten skin.

Can you imagine how shock I was to see tanning salons and tan lotion in the USA. I was like, why would they do that. Then I learned that most white Americans dream of having a tan skin. Most of my American friends adored my perfect tan complexion and they all envy what I got. I wanted to laugh out loud because I am not used to it. I am used to being criticized with my tan skin rather than adored. Now that I am in the USA, I can be more proud of having a tan skin.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails