Thursday, October 28, 2010

Christmas Plans...in October!

Guest post written by Dan McCorkel

I like road-trips, but so many hours in the car can be brutal. These days my wife and I tend to get fatigued and tired out if we drive for too long, so it's not as easy for us to put in the long hours on the road that we used to. That's why for the holidays this year, we're finally breaking down and buying plane tickets to Florida (where we go every year to be with the kids) instead. It'll definitely be a new experience for us, but the most important thing is that we get to spend time with my daughter and her wonderful family.

The other day, I put in my Miracle Ear hearing aids and made several calls to friends about airliners to use. I think my wife and I are going to fly with Delta Airlines to Clearwater, Florida and my family is going to pick us up there. We're glad we don't have to let a silly old fear of flying ruin our good times together. In fact, once we do it once (since it's so easy!) I'm sure we'll never travel another way again!


0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails