Few weeks ago, I decided to make my own home made laundry detergent. I used it on all our clothes since then and I have no complains at all. It work perfectly fine and it is way cheaper.
I was like a kid in elementary school doing experiment. I was so excited gathering my ingredients and finally making them. It was so much fun.
- 1/2 cup Arm & Hammer
- Super Washing Soda1/2 cup Borax
- 1/3 Bar of Fels-Naptha
How To Make It?
- Grate Fels-Naptha Soap. Put in the large pot.
- Add 6 cups of water. Heat over medium-high until soap dissolves and melts
- Add washing soda and borax. Stir until dissolved.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Using a bucket, pour 4 cups of hot hater and then add the soap mixture
- Stir, add 1 galloon + 6 cups of additional water. Stir.
- Transfer to empty containers and let it sit overnight to thicken or gel up.
- Consistency and color will vary depending on your soap
- Stir and shake before each use as it will continue to gel.
- This is a low-sudsing detergent
Thank you thefrugalgirls.com for the recipe.