Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Holy Week

It is Holy Week already but to be honest, I don't feel it. I guess it is different living here in the USA where most of the people doesn't observe Holy Week. In the Philippines, being mostly Catholic, Holy Week is a big event.

There are many customs and traditions for Holy Week. There is one where they will sing all day all night as in non-stop. I have observed this in some places. They have to sing without music instrument. Then there are stations of the cross, then the washing of the feet and the reading of 7 last words. Then come the easter vigil. I miss those.

I love church celebrations with good music. I am sure all of you can relate how horrible it is to listen to untuned guitar accompanying the choir. Thus, having guitar tuners is very important.

How I wish I am in a place where Holy Week is being observed.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails