Monday, March 22, 2010

Stations of the Cross

I miss the Lenten traditions in the Philippines. For me, it seems like people in the Philippines are more religious compared here in the USA.

During the Lent, one of our family traditions is to do the Stations of the Cross. Yesterday, our whole family went to Maribojoc to do the stations of the cross. There are certain places that purposely built for this tradition.

Stations of the Cross (or Way of the Cross; in Latin, Via Crucis; also called the Via Dolorosa or Way of Sorrows, or simply, The Way) refers to the depiction of the final hours (or Passion) of Jesus, and the devotion commemorating the Passion. The object of the Stations is to help the faithful to make a spiritual pilgrimage of prayer, through meditating upon the chief scenes of Christ's sufferings and death. It has become one of the most popular devotions for Roman Catholics.

I am glad that my family kept this tradition. Although I was not there with them, seeing some pictures makes me feel I was there too...



The Stations of the Cross

Posing after the prayers...

It was so hot... after doing the stations of the cross, time for a snack

3 comments:

shydub said...

I miss that activity too mamilu.

Cacai M. said...

I miss stations of the cross too though I seldom go because it's in hillside and usually it is in dawn time.. tugnaw.. :).. kanus-a ba to Holy Week.. nalimot nmn ko.. weee..

Dhemz said...

na miss sad nako ni mami woi....sos tawon dire lahi ra kaau....dugay na gani me wala ka simba...waaa!

btw, lahi jud mo ug mga sexy ug boobsylicious.....:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails