Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Flying During Thanksgiving

Seven commonly-asked questions about flying during Thanksgiving.

#1: May I Bring My Turkey?
The short answer here is yes, though you might get some strange looks at security.

#2: How Long Do I Really Need to Get Though Security?
Provided you have checked in online before your flight, you can arrive at security one hour before your domestic flight and most likely be just fine.

#3: How Do I Make Sure I Don't Get Bumped From My Flight?
There is no guaranteed way to avoid getting bumped, but there are certainly ways to minimize your chances.
  • reserve a seat when you purchase your flight online
  • check in online on your carrier's website up to 24 hours before your flight
  • get to the gate as early as possible and reconfirm your seat with the gate agent.
#4: What If I Miss My Connection?
Typically when you miss a connection, the airline just puts you on the next flight to your destination.

#5: What Should I Keep With Me in Case We Get Stranded on the Tarmac?
It is very unlikely that you'll get stranded on the tarmac. However, make sure you're prepared for the worst-case scenario.

#6: Can I Bring Gifts Along?
Yes, but be aware that wrapped gifts may be opened at security.

#7: How Much Will It Cost My Family to Check Our Bags?
That, of course, depends on how many bags you check. Most airlines charge $25 for the first checked bag and $35 for the second on domestic flights.

Source: ABC News

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails