Tuesday, December 21, 2010

It's a Wonderful Life

My favorite Christmas special is the movie, It's a Wonderful Life, with Jimmy Stewart and Donna Reed. I watch it every year. Sometimes I can talk my husband into watching it with me. It usually plays more than once during the holiday season, but I usually catch it on a Cannon Satellite TV channel. I'm not sure when this movie was made, but it is set just before and during the beginning of the great depression. It's in black and white. Many movies since have used the same plot of “what would life be like if I were never born.” However, whenever I watch one of those, I feel like I've already seen the movie. His life (Jimmy Stewart) has not gone anything like he had planned. He wanted to travel and build things. But, he got stuck running the family savings and loan after his father died. He sent his brother to college and was supposed to be relieved of his post when the brother returned. Unfortunately, the brother came back with a bride and a huge job offer from her father. Time passes, he gets married and has kids. Then one day some money is missing from the savings and loan. And, you guessed it, an angel comes to show him what the world would have been like if he were never born.

This guest post from Lenny Mcknight

Related Posts with Thumbnails