Thursday, June 3, 2010

My First Job

I was 18 years old when I had my first job. I worked as a cashier in a famous grocery store. When I worked there, POS systems were not yet implemented. We had to do the manual entering of product prices. For items that are not commonly bought by customers, it takes a while to get the price check but for common items, most cashiers know its price already. If you are a new worker, you will just ask the nearest cashier to you and most often than not, they will know the price of an item.

My first job was a great learning experience. I was just a contractual worker so I just held that job for 6 months. I remember how happy I was when I had my first pay. Oh... how I cherished that moment for it was the start of my independence.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails